January 1, 2016

January Currently

It's time for another currently with Farley over at Oh Boy 4th grade.


Here's my January Currently...

Listening:  I watch waaaaaaaaaaaay too much Law and Order.  I would like to that USA's marathons that they often have.  Not really watching it but it's just background noise today.

Loving:  I am currently reading the book Rump by Liesl Shurtliff.  

It's the "true story" of Rumpelstiltskin and the journey he goes on to find the rest of his name.  It involves many other fairy tale characters along the way.  I am determined to finish it before we go back to school on Monday so I can make it my next book talk with my 3rd graders.  I've got a post coming up on book talks in the classroom so be looking forward to that!

Thinking:  Ok seriously... I feel like 2015 just started.  I'm not sure where it went.  Are you following me on instagram? If you are, you saw my best 9 of 2015.  If you aren't... then what are you waiting for?!  The link is at the top of this blog.

Wanting: I've made several new products in the past month.  I have a notebook of ideas that is currently overflowing.  I need to get going on some these.   Here's a look at some of the new ones in my TPT store:
 
 

I even included a sample of my New Years activies.  Are you following my facebook page?  Make sure you grab the link there!

Needing:  Oh man!  I have enjoyed my Christmas decorations so much this year.  But I like to have them down before we start back to school ... on Monday.  


One Little Word:  My word for 2016 is "me!"  I actually did an instagram post about it this morning.  I'm a mission for ME this year.
Here's a peek at what I said on instagram:
"

longc2013Thanks to @literacyforbigkidsI'm thinking about my one little word for 2016! This year's word is ME! Taking control of my weight, taking control of my health, doing what is best for MY classroom, taking time for myself, taking time for more exercise, taking time to do what I want to do. This is the year of ME! :) #olw #olw2016#classroomsnapshots


Well I'm pumped for 2016.  Head on over to Farley and fill out your currently. 

Smiles and Snapshots!
Courtney

11 comments:

  1. Love your word! I think as teachers we all need to focus on ME! By nature, we sometimes spend all of our focus elsewhere. I am going to hop on over and check out your New Years products too! Have a blessed 2016. If you don't mind, check out my blog, http://writeondowntheline.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...love your word! Me...I often forget about that person! What a nice reminder! I have also loved my tree this year! I added new things and I love the lights! You have been busy making some great products. I have been busy with family this break so my new STEM products have been a bit on the back burner. I am on it though this weekend! Happy New Year! Stop on by...

    Renee at The Science School Yard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome word!! We do need to focus on ourselves. It is soooo easy to just skip over ourselves. Don't forget to put yourself first when the hectic schedule kicks back in! Enjoy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so feelin' you about needing to make or should I say complete some products. Sometimes it takes me forever to get a product completed. Maybe I should make that a gaol in 2016. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed reading your currently.

    Jamie
    Teaching Tidbits and More with Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I am your newest follower and loved your post. I look forward to reading more. Have a great weekend and happy blogging!

    Jen @ Professional Bloggers Association
    www.ProfessionalBloggersAssociation.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the every work that is being mentioned above thanks for sharing that article.
    Teacher Collaboration

    ReplyDelete